Collecting garbage in offices or on a large retail floor is an important part of janitorial work so why not make it easier. Here is a great tip to save time and money plus keep your customers HAPPY!
Most janitor carts are too small to carry garbage bag upon garbage bag, so the solution is usually a “utility truck” or “hand cart” or just “the big bin”. Attach a bucket of some kind (ice cream, utility, or similar) to the cart that can hold everything you need to look after the garbage cans such as:
• Garbage Bags – all sizes needed so you do not have to make a special trip back to get bags
• Degreaser – or similar cleaner to remove food, drink and other stains
• Deodorizer – reduces obnoxious odours
• Microfibre Cloth – or similar
FOUR STEPS TO DO A GREAT JOB COLLECTING GARBAGE
1. REMOVE the full garbage bag
2. WIPE down the inside and outside of the garbage can with degreaser
3. SPRAY deodorizer in the garbage can
4. REPLACE the new bag in the garbage can
EXTRA TIPS TO SAVE TIME AND MONEY
• DOUBLE BAGGING the garbage can adds an extra layer to help keep the can clean
• STORE clean bags in the bottom of the garbage can so they are there for next time
Some cleaning companies are using a new cleaning photo validation app called FotoFinish so use these tips for a clean picture of your hard work. Work hard and work smart so your picture results get a big PASS instead of a fail.